Sunday 3 March 2013

Editing #3

After discussion with classmates and my tutors, I have decided I am going to make my background a graveyard, with the arm coming through a grave underground. I have taken inspiration from seeing this on television and some front covers of television DVDs for shows such as Supernatural.

The angle I had taken my arm at meant that the arm was slightly bent and curved. Therefore, I used several techniques to correct this.


I cropped the image just above the elbow, and used the content aware filter to erase some of the remaining arm, to elongate it and make it easier when editing later on.


I then used the puppet warp tool to make the arm straighter. I kept the mesh on as it helped me concentrate, but was difficult to see if it was working underneath!


Here is the final result! On the left is the image after digital manipulation, and on the right is the image before. I am pleased with the outcome, and I am glad that I have decided to do this, as the arm looked abnormal before because of the angle is was taken at. It will also look more believable when I edit it in a graveyard coming out of the ground because it is on more of straight angle!


No comments:

Post a Comment