Monday 18 February 2013

Practice Edit

I took a mock photograph today of my boyfriends arm, and decided to use a ripped wallpaper image off Google to blend over the top, to achieve the effect I was looking at. This was the second time I had used the Wacom Bamboo tablet, so I am pretty impressed with the result! 


I used the Wacom Bamboo tablet and its stylus to achieve a drawing effect, which meant I could control what I was blending and clearing more effectively. I took an image of a ripped wall off Google Images (for my final image, I want to take my own images), and placed it over the top of the arm. I then changed the colour balance to make the wallpaper blend more easily, turning it from pure white to a skin colour matching my model. I then took the paint brush tool, and selected the "clear" option, and then started to erase the layer to blend it in more effectively. I learnt from this exercise that turning the flow right down to 20% or less meant that the layer blended better.

For my final image, I plan to take a ripped wallpaper photograph, that I sourced and taken myself, and blend it over a picture of machinery or another modern technology, to create a effect that looks like the technology is breaking through the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment