Friday 22 February 2013

Editing #1

I have been outside this morning and taken about 50 photographs of different cracked walls and peeling paint, so I could capture alternative angles. Here are some of my favourites, and ones I will be using in my final edit!





I found that photographing cracks on a singular coloured wall would be easier to blend in post production, hence the colours of paint I have chosen. I put some of these in Photoshop and documented what I learnt in a quick half an hour session!

Quick Edit
This edit took me approximately 15 minutes, and consisted of me blending and clearing the photograph of the broken wall over the top of the arm I have shot. It was only when I flatten the layers and looked at the final image that I noticed that it looked a lot like bone and muscle underneath a human body, which was achieved by the texture of the photograph. I used photograph 2 from above, and changed the transfer mode to overlay and changed the colour balance to match the skin tone of my model. Placing it in a central composition over the arm made it look more realistic and bone like, which helped with the overall look. I would like to continue with this idea, using different wall textures to create a human like, cut open effect, and have different technology and wires sticking out of it. 


When I was edited, I decided to experiment with the transfer layers, and see what effects I could achieve by using them all. I was originally using overlay, which presented me with a red, grainy texture, which looked almost like broken skin. I then decided to try the hard light layer, and it gave me this dark, cracked look on the skin! I was amazed that by changing the transfer layer, the overall image could look completely different. 



No comments:

Post a Comment